A review of Shui Xian Wuyi Oolong by Verdant Tea

Tea Type Oolong
Region: Taiwan
Steeping Vessel/Amt. Leaf:
Plucking Season:
Liquor Color: peach with a blush
Leaf Characteristics:

1. Steepings

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 190 Fahrenheit
Time: 3 minutes
Note: I am finishing the remains of this Shui Xian Wuyi Oolong. I have a teaspoon of it left and so I pour the warmly boiled water over it. And the aroma as the cup steamed is like milk simmering with vanilla pods; the essence is there with that caramelizing effect towing along. The tea’s color makes me think of peaches with a blush; it is that amber color but not darken.

When I taste this oolong it is heaven. I am reminded of the Chai that I had enjoyed earlier this morning and perhaps that is why I have reached for this tea. It has many folds; there is that buttery sweet flavor left on the palette and that of fresh cinnamon…sprinkles of cinnamon over banana to be exact, but unfortunately I don’t get this.

I know this is one of the better tasting oolongs that I have had, as there have not been any that I did not like. I do remember vaguely one Apple Wuyi Oolong tea that I had purchased and I could never discern the apple, for it had no crispness, tart/sweetness at all. It was oolong tea and yet very mild and they were tea bags as opposed to loose leaf tea.