A review of Yunnan White Jasmine Tea by Verdant Tea

Tea Type/ White
Region: Taiwan
Steeping Vessel/Amt. Leaf: cup/ loose leaf
Plucking Season:
Liquor Color: a very light floral tea shies of yellow
Leaf Characteristics:

1. Steepings

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 170 Fahrenheit
Time: 2 minutes

Note: I have less than a teaspoon of this tea left and I thought to finish this off this morning since it snowed overnight. I figure, why not have some white tea?

I find this is a good amount to steep in a small cup since there is so little of the tea’s mixture. When steeped for two minutes the tea’s color is very light but not clear. I say a soft yellow since the pods like leaves were still in my cup and the teas’ aroma is still fully of jasmine in scent but not overpowering.

This tea is described as being silky and smooth: (that of the white Yunnan tea) with notes of cinnamon sweetness and the heady aroma of the jasmine permeates the air. And this combination helps us to understand what jasmine is all about.

The result is a perfectly integrated flavor that starts off with the textures of a white tea, and sweetness drawn out and extended by a silky jasmine aroma.

Invader Zim

Yay snow! I love snow, we have yet to get any here, which means we are overdue. This tea is one of the best jasmine teas I have ever tried. If you ever get the chance try out Teavivre’s jasmine silver needle. I have yet to figure who’s I like better, theirs or Verdants!

K S

Very nice review.

Comments

Invader Zim

K S