A review of Green Tea with Peppermint by Akbar

I had purchased this tea during one of my impromptu store visits at a grocers in Brookline, MA; Bazaar Gourmet Royal Delicacies. When I reviewed this tea, I remember not liking the tea since I found the mixture of spearmint and peppermint to be too strong and evasive. I said it was like a toothpaste kind of freshness.

Anyhow, since moving and residing in where there is always perpetual dust and musty odor in the air, I have been placing the tea bags in groupings like sachets to use them as air freshener of sort. For months I have been doing this and the heady aroma of the peppermint with spearmint is still very noticeable.

Last evening, I took one of tea bags from a cup that I had a bunch of tea bags in and put this is my tea mug and poured very hot water over the tea bag and left to steep for several minutes. The tea’s color is golden brown and tea’s aroma is very fresh smelling and sweet. And when tasted, sip after sip it is a lively clean taste that is both refreshing to the palette and a delight to the nostril.

This tea makes me think of that after dinner mint or first thing in the morning for wanting fresh breath and off gum chewing.

I guess what I am saying is: if one is wanting for a refreshing cup of tea with effect for gum chewing than this is the tea for you since it has that fresh breath quality to it.

seule771

I have found many uses for this tea; as sachets in dresser drawers, in cups and small baskets filled with tea bags to freshen a room and when i reached for one to make tea with, it is still usable and makes a good strong cup of tea. I am saying the tea’s aroma cannot be broken, even after months of being exposed the tea bags are still quite good as teas. I like seeing them around as sachet/teabags that is all.

gmathis

Sachet—that’s a great idea!

Comments

seule771

gmathis

Sachet—that’s a great idea!

Sterling, MA