A review of Green Tea Powder by Hamasaen

Tea Type/ Green tea powder
Region: Japan
Steeping Vessel/Amt. Leaf: cup/ teaspoon
Plucking Season:
Liquor Color: a very bright green
Leaf Characteristics:

1. Steepings

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 180 Fahrenheit
Time: 1 – 3 minutes

Note: I woke up this morning wanting for a cup of Matcha and I reached for this Green Tea Powder that I have had and enjoyed. So nothing newly; I simply take a teaspoon of the green powder and put in a tea cup and I pour the boiled water into the cup and begin stirring it until all the tea powder has dissolved. I am always amazed at how green the tea is and smells strongly of the sea…seaweed like or marine algae. When I sip it, a nice light tinge in on my palate upon swallowing the tea and I take another sip and another until the tea is gone.

In recent past I have tried both the matcha teas and this green tea powder cold and hot; I find I prefer them hot and this is because of the warmth that comes with holding a hot cup of tea in your hand; as this makes you want to hug it or hold it tighter; whereas if it is cold you simply want to be done with it and put it away.