A review of Jasmine “Dragon Pearls”by Teavivre

Region: Fujian China
Steeping Vessel/Amt. Leaf: cup/ loose leaf
Plucking Season:
Liquor Color: light amber/yellowish orange
Leaf Characteristics: very tight buds / pellets like and when immerse in water the leave unfold to become string like or small ropes.

1. Steepings

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 176 Fahrenheit
Time: 2 minutes

I received this tea with several other teas from Teavivre and I am finally taking the time to sample some of their teas. I am not a fan of Jasmine tea; so with this in mind, I cut open the tea sample and scoop out 1 teaspoon of the small pearl like buds and put this is my tea mug and add the boiling water to the cup. I cover and leave it to steep for two minutes.

After the allotted time I remove the saucer and find that the leaves are now: fine, small loose strings; more like coils of rope, short ones. It is kind of scary when looking at this in my cup. So I am imagining more bad things to come my way since I seem to be paying back or time to give back pass dues. The story by Steinbeck “The Pearl” comes to mind.

My in-laws enjoy dispensing justice of me since I am hardest of hearing.

Anyhow, I sip this tea reluctantly since the jasmine fragrant is strong and over powering. It is heady and must be left alone, perhaps for another time.

Thank you, Teavivre, for sending this tea along for me to sample. It is a lovely and very famous tea, I am just sorry that I cannot find enjoyment in the tasting and smelling of this tea.