A review of Taiwan Dong Ding Oolong Tea by Teavivre

Tea Type/Varietal: Oolong
Region: Taiwan
Steeping Vessel/Amt. Leaf: cup/ leaf
Plucking Season:
Liquor Color: light green with shorter steep, then peachy with longer steep.
Leaf Characteristics: leaves were finely somewhat rolled than plump when brewed for few minutes and fully blown with even longer steep.

1. Steepings

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 200 Fahrenheit
Time: 3 minutes

Note: I brewed this tea for few minutes, as I watch the tea leaves unfold and the leaves are very green and always I think of green veggies. There was a sweetly aroma that came from this tea and when I took sip I was pleasantly pleased to find it sweet and smooth with a creamy texture not unlike greens like broccoli.

2nd Steeping:
Water temperature: 200 Fahrenheit
Time: 3 minutes

Note: I brewed this longer this time since I was planning to have my meal with this tea. It brewed a lovely peach color when I removed the tea leaves, there is hints of fruits like nectar. When I taste the tea it is that smoothly full-bodied effect that I had earlier with first steep. I find I always like oolong teas as they are good way to rinse off; no, I mean to finish off a good meal. I enjoyed sipping this with the noodles I had again this evening. I should say half noodles and half pasta since I must sample what I cook for the husband.

I remember sampling earlier this past summer some Charcoal Dong Ding Oolong as there was not a smoky aroma to this oolong. Well I trust that this palette is experiening this oolong correctly; in that it is smooth and lush, not so much of veggie taste with second steeps and third but more of a nectarine/raw peach flavor and I washed it down with dinner wonderfully.

I like oolong teas and thank you Teavivre for sending these samples for me to experience; as this one was definitely likeable by this reviewer. I am a fan of Oolong teas. Thank you.