A review of Ruby Red Chai (Organic Spiced Rooibos) by Trader Joe’s

Region:
Steeping Vessel/Amt. Leaf: cup / tea bag
Plucking Season:
Liquor Color: Sienna red
Leaf Characteristics: Tea bag smells strongly of cardamom, ginger, cloves and cinnamon

1. Steepings

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 200 Fahrenheit
Time: 5 minutes

I take one of tea bags which are individually seal in a clear plastic bag, remove the bag and put this in my cup and pour the boiled water into my cup and covering with a saucer to steep for five minutes.

The tea’s aroma is heady from once water is poured over it and becomes nicer with longer steeps. When I remove the lid, tea’s color is a lovely red glow, Sienna like…it is early morning and who can say. Anyhow, I like the mixture of the cloves, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg as I take sip after sip of this tea.

I can tell you the difference of this tea with the hibiscus and Rosehip tea that I had day before as this tea is spice tea, it is piquant and hot; no acidity or fruity/citrusy blend as contained in the Rosehip/hibiscus tea.

I was wrong in thinking they were similar since they are not. They are two distinct teas with their own character and base.