drank KaiMatcha Premium by KaiMatcha

Region: Japan
Steeping Vessel/Amt. Leaf: cup/ 1 tea spoon
Plucking Season:
Liquor Color: bright green
Leaf Characteristics: When I open the tin I met with the brightest of green in color and the tea powder smelling strongly of fresh grass. A cleanly, astringent and milky aroma is what I am met with as I hold the can to inhale the powder’s aroma. It is a most pleasant smell.

1. Steepings

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 180 Fahrenheit
Time: 1 minute

I take ½ a teaspoon of the powder and put this in my cup and pour in the hot water stirring it as I pour, at first slowly than fast for about a minute. Tea did not foam at all, it is flat with a bright green color and when I take a sip it is astringent; a stinging effect on the palette, with the second and third sips I taste something more like milk with a rich/ creamy texture. This taste reminds me of those small cabbages slightly buttered with a dash of salt…bringing about the creamy texture of the cabbage.

I like this KaiMatcha and consider myself bless to be able to experience more mathca teas since they are at times quite costly. If one can find a can of pressed milk powdered like in the olden days when milk was not always drinkable or affordable to all; this is what this tea’s aroma is like with that milky dewiness that I am referring to.

This is indeed an enjoyable matcha. Thank you, KaiMatcha, for allowing me to know such a product.