A review of Green Tea & Blackcurrant by London Fruit & Herb Company

1. Steepings

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 170 Fahrenheit
Time: 2 minutes

I am fixing a giant glass of this tea for my mid-morning sips. I take two tea bags and one tall mug and put the bags and pour some freshly boiled water into the mug and leave it to steep for 2 minutes, covering it with a saucer lid.

I like the tea’s aroma as it is filling the air around me with the scent of hibiscus, blackberry leaves and the blackcurrant juices and hints of licorice as I am now removing the cover from this tea.

Tea is a dark purple with some hints of red when placed directly under the light. Color looks more like wine and smells of a sprintzer wine cooler but it is warm. In sipping the tea it is fruity and I am met with the acidity to be found in the hibiscus and eventually as I swallow and take another sip there is a sweetness to be found from the licorice roots.

My intention is to continue to sip this tea throughout the rest of the morning by simply adding more hot water into my cup. The tea color does lighten to a cup of cranberry juice with not that dry after taste when drinking cranberry juice. This tea is more syrup/liquor like and I think this is because of the licorice mixture with the blackcurrant juice and the hibiscus with the green tea.

I like that I can enjoy this tea time and again since it is a complex cup of tea; one either likes it or does not.

Indigobloom

that sounds delicious!! And unique, don’t see too many green teas with hibiscus in it around