A review of A review of Ripened Age Pu-erh Mini Tuocha (sample) by Teavivre

Tea Type/Varietal: Pu-erh
Region: Fujian Taiwan
Steeping Vessel/Amt. Leaf: cup/ one small bird’s nest (cake) pu-erh
Plucking Season:
Liquor Color: darkish amber/ raisin/stewed prunes
Leaf Characteristics: when I remove the mini tuocha from its wrapper it is shape like a fine small bird’s nest and when the water is poured into the cup the Tuocha seems do dissolves into the water; over time leaving fine powder like residue at cup’s bottom.

1. Steepings

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 185 Fahrenheit
Time: 2 minutes

Note: I fixed for myself another cup of this pu-erh and what I am noting today is the aroma and strength of this pu-erh is somewhat like coffee; very mild since not as roast or robust as a cup of coffee, yet very much so. What do I mean exactly? Tea’s color is that of coffee bean and does smell raw and the base of it is dampness. As the tea cools one can find some what of fragrant cup of coffee perhaps not caffeinated; there is strength in this tea with a raw and malt flavoring which I missed when first I had this tea. I seem to have accomplished this by drinking it cold. I made the tea quite sometime ago and it has gotten cold and there’s the malt and robustness in the cup that I had not notice as when the tea was very hot.

So do I like hot or cold? Tea for me should be hot.