A review of Taiwan Dong Ding (Tung Ting) Oolong by Teavivre

Region: Taiwan
Steeping Vessel/Amt. Leaf: cup/ loose-leaf
Plucking Season:
Liquor Color: Light green
Leaf Characteristics: leaves are finely curled and when infused in water for rinsing than steeping the leaves become full and plump and are green in color.

1. Steepings

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 200 Fahrenheit
Time: 3 minutes

I pre-rinsed 1 teaspoon of the tea leaves with boiling water and then adding more of the freshly boiled water into my mug with the leaves inside. I place lid on tea mug and leave to steep for a few minutes.

Teas’ aroma is green and broccoli like with a light greenish color. When I do this take sip of the tea is mildly astringent for an oolong and the more I drink it I realize it is not bitter, just a freshly clean yet smooth cup of tea.

I plan on having this tea for remainder of the day by just adding more boiling water to it and letting it cool and sips and sips away.

This oolong is light in body with a mildly astringent when first sipping of tea and as I drink more of the tea I realize it is dry on my palette, lip smacking kind of dryness and with more drinks than the thirst is quenched.

I like this Ding Dong Oolong and I have sampled it before from other tea vendors (Fong Mong Tea Corp) and a teahouse in Seattle who purchases teas in Taiwan as well. I seem to recall mentioning that there are high grade Dong Ding and charcoal roasted Dong Ding which gives more a smoky and woodsy aroma as opposed to this Dong Ding which is very light in body and vegetal in taste and aroma.

Thank you, Teavivre for sending this sample for me to experience and write review of.