A review of Green Tea Powder by Hamasaen

Company: Hamasaen Trading Co.
Tea Name: Green Tea Powder
Tea Type/Varietal: Green
Region: Japan
Steeping Vessel/Amt. Leaf: cup/ teaspoon of tea powder
Plucking Season:
Liquor Color: soft green; like misty green
Leaf Characteristics: tea powder is very smooth and creamy looking and by this I mean it seems more like flour since it is more for cooking/baking than perhaps for drinking.

1. Steepings

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 180 Fahrenheit
Time: 45 seconds

I am finishing the last of this Green Tea Powder; sadly I must try and obtain more; but not sure of when. Anyhow, scraping together a small teaspoon of the powder and putting it in my cup and adding boiled water; I stir slowly at first than faster and tea is foaming nicely as this may be because the water is very hot and steamy. I liked that it is frothy with creamy foam hiding the dark green underneath. It is like ocean foam which is good; this tea aroma is that of the oceanic seaweed and dewy, to make one think of fish and seafood perhaps.

I take sip after sip of this tea and it is very nice. I like everything about this tea. This was a good purchase on my part from the Miso Market in Cambridge. Thank you for carrying such wonderful products, the likes of this Green Tea Powder.