drank Bamboo Integrity by Zen Tea

Region:
Steeping Vessel/Amt. Leaf: cup/ teaspoon
Plucking Season:
Liquor Color: bright green/yellow
Leaf Characteristics: there are chunks of ginger bits, lemon grass, bamboo leaves to view when opening of the tea packet.

1. Steepings

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 200 Fahrenheit
Time: 5 minutes

I received this tea sample for Zen Tea Life in Canada. I remember discussing via email with the vendor about Bamboo tea; I told them that I had come across a seller of Bamboo teas in Florida and they had similar tea with Lemon Grass and I had yet to purchase their teas. I mentioning of this since I was surprised to receive amidst the samples sent was this Bamboo Integrity.

I open the foil sample packet to be delightfully surprised to view the loose tea; it is aromatically pleasing as well. I see the carrot bits, the ginger bits, lemon grass and the bamboo which are fine chute; so small you could miss them.

I take one teaspoon and put this in my mug, adding the hot water to the mug I leave it to steep for 5 minutes all the while taking in the teas aroma which is very lively and zesty.

After 5 minutes, I scoop out the tea leaves and put them in strainer until my next infusion. The tea smells so sweetly of the combined ginger and lemon grass and the color is a mixture of brown and yellow which makes for a light orange cup. When I sip the tea it is spicy and zesty (a hot cup of zest tea). I sip and sip of this tea and I am enjoying it, also I am thinking of its name Integrity…the herbs are true to form and what is stated in the bag is just what is in the cup I am holding in my hand.

The more I sip of tea; I find there is a tartness that comes from the lime and apple bits perhaps; as there is a citrusy finish that is left after each swallowed sip.

Overall this is wonderful tea and true to character of the bamboo and lemon grass with the added ginger, and lime; aromatically this tea is 100% delight.

Thank you Zen Tea Life for sending this tea for me to sample. I am happy to have opened the packet finally as it was a lovely surprise.