drank Bamboo Integrity by Zen Tea

Region:
Steeping Vessel/Amt. Leaf: cup/ teaspoon
Plucking Season:
Liquor Color: bright green/yellow
Leaf Characteristics: there are chunks of ginger bits, lemon grass, bamboo leaves to view when opening of the tea packet.

1. Steepings

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 200 Fahrenheit
Time: 5 minutes

I am fixing another cup of this wonderful tea to have with some noodles. I am not sure how this would work out since I usually have oolong teas or green tea with my noodles.

I steep one teaspoon of the tea with boiled water for a good five minutes. Tea’s aroma is so enticing that one cannot help but want to sip and sip straight away. I fixed my plateful of noodles with some loose salad mixed in it and take the tea, straining the leaves and ginger bits from my cup; leaving them in the strainer.

The color of the tea is pure gold, but truly more like pink grapefruit with more yellow. I refrain from sipping the tea at first because I do not want to drink it all without having some or any of the noodles. I eat about half of the noodles and then decided to sip the tea; thank goodness it is still quite hot as I take pleasure in the warmth of the cup in my hand and sip and sip…the apple bits I taste are tantalizing as well as the citrus blend of lime, and sunflower. I am getting more of the verbena and lemon grass with the ginger kicking in every now and again. It is that zesty taste that is to be found with the spices.

I am able to finish my noodles and my tea making for a very enjoyable meal. I am thankful always for a meal and a good cup of tea. Zen Tea Life sent me this tea and I thank you for bestowing this experience upon me.