A review of Organic Yerba Mate Tea by Guayaki

Tea Type/Varietal: Yerba Mate
Region: South American rainforest
Steeping Vessel/Amt. Leaf: cup/ tea bag
Plucking Season:
Liquor Color: very light green/light brown color
Leaf Characteristics:

1. Steepings

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 180 Fahrenheit
Time: 5 minutes

I turn to this tea once more and I am having it as my morning drink so it can help stimulate focus and clarity while boosting my energy. I take one tea bag and add the nearly boiled water to my cup and leave it to steep for five minutes.

Tea’s color is very light green/ light brown and hints of yerba mate for aroma. I mean I can smell there is something in my cup but no words really for me to describe as I am inexperience/don’t know.

I sip and sip the tea slowly while breathing in deeply the tea’s aroma; it is a mantra of sort as I sip and inhale and swish it around in my mouth than I swallow. I do this until tea is all gone.

2nd Steeping:
Water temperature: 190 Fahrenheit
Time: 10 minutes

I fixed yet another cup of this tea with longer steep for nearly 10 minutes. Tea color did not darken and the aroma is slightly stronger; it has a toasty aroma since brewed longer and hotter. And when I taste the tea this time it seems more robust mate flavoring. So I take a deep breath, then a sip of the tea while swooshing it in my mouth and then I swallow and exhale deeply. I do this until I finish drinking the tea.

What am I doing? I am having a relaxing cup of tea while meditating and incanting for peace with my surrounding environment which is most static and chaos seems to reign; while all seems quiet…but not.

I must say this is the most I have enjoyed partaking of this tea and I am thankful for the experience and the well-being feeling that comes from having drunk this tea. Thank you.