A review of Energía Herbal Chai by Oregon Chai

Region: South America
Steeping Vessel/Amt. Leaf: cup / tea bag
Plucking Season:
Liquor Color: red
Leaf Characteristics: Tea bag smells strongly of the chai spices.

1. Steepings

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 200 Fahrenheit
Time: 4 minutes

I take one tea bag and put in my cup and pour in the boiled water, leaving to steep for several minutes. The spices fill the air around me immediately, and it is so warm and inviting encouraging me to take the cup and sip the tea…which is hot, so blowing away some of the heat so that my nose is tease further with the heady scent of the tea.

Tea’s color is brightly red and the aroma is that of spices from India I imagine yet it is South American spices infused with Yerba Mate, Guayusa and cinnamon, clove, ginger and Cardamom I further imagine is what I am met with when inhaling and tasting of this tea. It is a cup of warmth with nothing more needed, well a cozy nook of a corner by the window to watch the light coating of snow and take delight with living in this part of the world where seasonal changes occur and are at times quite pleasant.