drank Anti-Strain - Herb by Zen Tea

Region:
Steeping Vessel/Amt. Leaf: cup/ loose herbs
Plucking Season:
Liquor Color: Honey
Leaf Characteristics: there are pieces of licorice roots, ginger, orange peels, and cardamom.

1. Steepings

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 200 Fahrenheit
Time: 5 minutes
This is another sampler sent to me from the folks at Zen Tea Life. I open the tea pouch and find a heady mixture of herbals and smelling so very sweet. I take a small teaspoonful of the tea and put this in my cup and adding the boiled water to my cup, I live it to steep for five minutes. I take the cover from the cup and take the tea and begin to sip it slowly, all the while taking in the tea’s aroma which smells of licorice and the tea’s color is that of honey.

From sip after sip of tea, I am met with the licorice as the top note; the ginger and cardamom and fennel are next in the mixture of taste. This has got to be the sweetest tea that I have ever had. I have added nothing to this tea and yet it taste very strongly of sugar when in fact it is the licorice that is roaming in the cup.

I am not a fan of licorice. I would enjoy this tea much more with less of the licorice because I am finding it too overpowering, kind of like me and I can be annoying at most times.

I am hoping to have some vitalizing energy since I did have this tea today. Thank you Zen Tea for sending this sampler my way.