A review of Magnolia Oolong by Tea Savant

Tea Type/Varietal: Oolong
Region: Taiwan China
Steeping Vessel/Amt. Leaf: cup/ loose leaf
Plucking Season:
Liquor Color: very light yellow tea with first steep and slightly darker with long steeps.
Leaf Characteristics: Leaves are fine pellets and when steeped they are fuller leaves.

1. Steepings

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 200 Fahrenheit
Time: 3 minutes

Tea Savant sent this tea to me several times and I get to have it again and again. I take one spoonful of the pellets and put them in my tea mug and adding the boiled water to the tea, leaving it for a steep time of five minutes.

Tea’s aroma is a of a floral bouquet and tea’s color is light green with a yellow base. I like the aroma to be found in the magnolia and I must say one cannot smell this from the pellet leaves prior to steeping as this is unlike Jasmine tea which permeated the air and everything around you prior and after steeps.

I find this tea to be a very mild oolong with somewhat grainy texture when finishing the drink. Tea is slightly astringent and yet smooth and sweet.

2nd Steeping:
Water temperature: 200 Fahrenheit
Time: 5 minutes

This steep is for five minutes and the color is a darker yellow/amber in color; the color that I have come to associate with oolong teas and smells wonderfully of a bouquet of magnolia, not too heady for this nose.

In all as I have been drinking oolong and finding that I do indeed like them; this is fresh, authentic and overall an exquisite tea.

Thank you Tea Savant for sending this tea for me to sample and review. I am inept and I do hope to improve over time so that I may know what to say and what not to say.