A review of Miesna Christmas Tea by Metropolitan Tea Company, Ltd.

Company: Metropolitan Tea Company, Ltd.
Tea Name: Miesna Christmas Tea

1. Steepings

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 200 Fahrenheit
Time: 5 minutes

This tea I obtained during a visit to Mullens Herbal Tea House in Barre, MA. This is not one of their house brand and was not too expensive for my budget.

I like the little wooden chest-like box that this tea comes in depicting Santa Claus on the cover. I must also note that I have had several teas made by the Metropolitan Tea Company, Ltd.; a recent one was The Boston Tea Party Blend, purchased while visiting a tearoom in Rockport, MA.

Once I figured out how to open the tea chest (made of wood which has a panel to slide when opening and closing), I take out the foil wrapping and open the bag to find individual tea bags inside.

I take one tea bag of the Miesna Tea and put this in my cup and adding freshly boiled water to my cup I leave it to steep for five minutes. The tea brews a darken reddish brown color and the aroma is really like apple cider similarly to the color of the tea…hints of honey as well.

I sip the tea slowly to take in the aroma with the apple taste and when swallowed there is that drying tartness that forms in the back of the throat.

2nd Steeping:
Water temperature: 200 Fahrenheit
Time: 5 minutes

I add more hot water to the tea bag and let it steep and I added sugar to the tea which seems to make it milder and syrup like cider. It would seem this tea is best sweetened. The apple spices stands out more in the cup making for a warmth-full cup of spiced apple tea.

This really is good tea for this time year.