A review of Taiwan Gaba Tea by Fong Mong Tea

Region: China
Steeping Vessel/Amt. Leaf: cup / loose leaf
Plucking Season:
Liquor Color: reddish brown
Leaf Characteristics: the leaves look like fine twigs that have been crystallized. And when steeped they are fuller and brownish red in color and don’t seem to have an aroma.

1. Steepings

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 200 Fahrenheit
Time: 5 minutes

I have not had this tea in a long while and last evening decided to fix me a cup since it was suggested that I try this prior to retiring for the evening. I took one teaspoon of the leaves and put this in my cup and adding cold water I put in microwave for two minutes and leave it to steep for a few minutes more.

The tea’s aroma is mild roast with a slight smoky scent; it is all very faint and that to me is the delight that is to be found with this tea since all is very mild…like a hint of but nothing in particular. However the tea’s color is a lovely reddish brown color; like the color of prune juice with no pulp and when sipping tea it is wonderful taste of malt and is very yummy, well in my humble opinion.

I really don’t know how else to say how luscious this tea is. I can drink it all day long. I did sleep nicely for few hours once I finally was able to fall asleep; and this morning I awoke to continue to have more of this tea and I am finishing it this evening with the hopes for a better night sleep.

In all this tea is exquisite and is a favorite of mine. Thank you Fong Mong Tea for sending me a full package of this tea to enjoy. I will miss not having it around. It is exceptionally good tea.

gmathis

This does sound luscious, the way you describe it! Is this recommended for sleep/relaxation?

seule771

I am told by the Fong Mong Tea company to drink the tea just before sleep time. I have yet to see results with better sleep; but this tea is relaxing and is a very good drink. I have no words really, or I don’t know how to properly describe what I am drinking. I like it just the same. Thank you.

Azzrian

Nice review! Sounds good. I had a Fong Mong Tea today as well. Good stuff!

Comments

gmathis

seule771

Azzrian

Nice review! Sounds good. I had a Fong Mong Tea today as well. Good stuff!

Sterling, MA