A review of Aged Earl Grey (Assam aged with real bergamot) by Numi Organic Tea

1. Steepings

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 200 Fahrenheit
Time: 5 minutes

I fixed a cup of this Assam black tea this morning to continue with my Numi samples. I steeped this tea for five minutes resulting with a bright orange/amber coloring. This is another tea having that dryness feel to it on the tongue, not quite lip smacking like tart apples but closely. It is a malt tea with fine character and not heavy and the bergamot is most mild. I must say it is not prevalent in the flavoring of this tea.

2nd Steeping:
Water temperature: 200 Fahrenheit
Time: 5 minutes

The second steep of this tea, the color is not as bright and there seems to be a bit more of the bergamot flavoring in the cup. Tea is smooth and malty as fine Assam teas tend to be. I must say that I prefer those Earl Grey Tea by Bigelow Tea as I seem to have enjoyed much more so than this one.

I think that organic teas and the processing of organic tea makes them so very mild that one cannot always discern the taste hence deriving at pleasure while drinking a cup of anything organic. Yet left alone, like the Bigelow’s Earl Grey, the flavor is fully, adding quite a kick to one palette and enjoyment.

It is all opinion and seemingly mines alone. This Assam is similarly to that of Kopili Assam Black Tea that I had from Stash Teas of India and that Pure Assam Tea by Madura.