A review of Chocolate Pu-erh (Numi Organic Pu-erh) by Numi Organic

1. Steepings

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 200 Fahrenheit
Time: 5 minutes

I had placed an order for the Numi Tea Sampler pack and received several other Numi tea for sampling as well as several nutritional breakfast bars. It was quite a surprised when I did finally open the package. I had no idea, as this box had arrived several weeks earlier it seems.

I selected to drink this Chocolate Pu-erh as an after dinner drink. I remove the tea bag from its envelope like seal and I am happy to see it is a tea bag with a string and not those sachet pyramid tea bags. I place the tea bag in my cup and add in the boiled water to it and leave it to steep for five minutes. I can see it coloring right away; first seeming dark brown and ending with that russet reddish color and tea’s aroma is that earthy dampness and when I take sip of the tea it is smooth and chocolate tasting. I call it that Cocoa nib chocolate flavor.

I was able to fix two cups of this tea and it truly is decadence and yummy. My palette is drying as I take sip and sip of the tea, as I swoosh it around my mouth it has a drying effect to it and when I do swallow it is smooth and velvety.

Overall this is a robust tea that begins with that damp earthy smell and resulting with hints of Cocoa as top note while intermingling with the Vanilla Bean and Nutmeg and as the teas color is bright red/russet this could be due to the orange peel.

I like this organic chocolate pu-erh by Numi. Thank you for offering the challenge and all of these samples. I don’t eat nutritional bars so I gave them to the hubby for his lunch snacking treats.