A review of English Breakfast Tea by Bigelow Tea

1. Steepings

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 195 Fahrenheit
Time: 2 minutes

I came to have this tea as a sampler given to me during a visit to Mullens Herbal Tea House in Barre, MA. With my purchase they had given me a couple of tea sample packets wrapped with a photo of a Victorian woman taking tea and when I open this little envelope I find the Bigelow tea packet inside. Weird, I mean of all tea samples to receive is one I have been enjoying occasionally when I snag teas from my in-laws…only this time it was given me by tea tenders at the Mullens Herbal Tea House.

I take the tea bag and put this in my tea mug and add the boiled water into my cup and leave it to steep for two minutes. Tea colors immediately to a lovely dark red and smells rich and robust and when I sip the tea it is malty with a light roast flavoring. Tea is smooth and full-bodied, having no astringency.

Over all this English Breakfast blend is a strong cup of tea; ideal for those who like their tea with sugar/milk or cream.