A review of Plum Green Tea by Fruit Tea Garden

Tea Type/Varietal: Green
Region: Taiwan
Steeping Vessel/Amt. Leaf: cup/ tea bag
Plucking Season:
Liquor Color: rose plum/ light purplish
Leaf Characteristics: tea bag smells sweetly of green tea

1. Steepings

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 195 Fahrenheit
Time: 4 minutes

This is another tea that I purchased during a visit to the Miso Market in Cambridge, MA. I saw this box of tea amongst many on shelf and the pricing was high and yet I selected it because it was plum green tea. I knew it would be right for me. I drink lots of green teas and at times it is nice to find one with flavoring adding slight kick to a plain cup of green tea per se.

In retrieving one tea bag from the foil packet one can smell the sweetness of the plum flavoring. So, quickly I take the tea bag and adding the tea water to my cup and leaving it to steep for several minutes. Everything seems light in this tea; the coloring is light plum color and smells of plum and when I take sip of the tea it is plum that I am met with. Nothing is overtly, all seems just right.

I think this is a good cup of tea for this time of year, so instead of heavy desserts (fruit cakes and Marzipan bread or pudding cakes) have a cup of this tea as substitute or to accompany with a slice of your favorite rich, sweet-bread for this time of the season. Happy holidays!