A review of Green Tea Powder by Hamasaen Br.

Company: Hamasaen Br.

1. Steepings

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 190 Fahrenheit
Time: 45 seconds

I had been out of this brand of Green Tea Powder for sometime now; a couple of weeks perhaps but long enough. During my visit to the Miso Market in Cambridge, MA I was happy to retrieve one bag. As I was going about the store selecting my items I kept insisting that the tea pouch seem smaller somehow, but not so as I found out when I got home to view the empty pouch from prior.

I open this newly bag and take a scoop of the powder and put this in my cup and adding the boiled water in the cup I stir and stir the mixture until it dissolve completely. Tea is a lovely green color and did not froth. It is brightly green like cut grass but not smelling of grass instead this is more marine/sea weeds in aroma. The base for this tea is salty and when I sip and sip of the tea this is what I taste with mild astringency as the tea’s tannins seemingly lick at my tongue. Weird.

I am happy to have been able to purchase this tea again and to enjoy it as well. I also have a tin of Matcha from another company that I have yet to open, hopefully in time I can and find out how this tea powder compares with a Matcha tea.

To simply enjoy the two will be wonderful and good for me for all of the health benefits offered.