A review of Emperor’s Pu-erh by Numi Organic Tea

Tea Name: Emperor’s Pu-erh
Tea Type/Varietal: Pu-erh
Region:
Steeping Vessel/Amt. Leaf: cup/ tea bag
Liquor Color: dark red; seemingly like that of rich chocolate
Leaf Characteristics:

1. Steepings

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 200 Fahrenheit
Time: 3 minutes
I am having another of Numi pu-erh tea from the sampler pack that I purchased some time ago. Today it is Emperor’s Pu-erh.

I take the tea bag and put in my cup and I then add the boiled water over the tea bag and leave to steep for five minutes. Whilst pouring the water, the tea water colored a lightest orange/melon color to a darken red…hinting of that rich chocolate aspect pure cocoa’s have, except there is not chocolate or cocoa in this pu-erh.

Tea’s color is a lovely bright red with an earthy aroma; that moisten earth permeates this cup of tea. And when sipping of the tea it is rich and smooth tasting very malty. I had enjoyed this Emperor’s Pu-erh last year and I am happy to find it similarly a good cup of tea.

Overall, this tea is bold, rich and malty.