A review of Jasmine Pu-erh by Numi Organic Tea

Tea Type/Varietal: pu-erh
Region: China
Steeping Vessel/Amt. Leaf: cup / tea bag
Liquor Color: dark red
Leaf Characteristics: the tea’s aroma is a mixture of raw earthy dampness with the jasmine fragrant sifting slightly along side. It is most mild for a Jasmine tea.

1. Steepings

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 200 Fahrenheit
Time: 5 minutes

This tea is a pleasant surprise for me since I have been dreading the horrible, headiness of the Jasmine fragrant which I am happy to say is not permeating the air as I perceived from having bad experiences with teas blended with the jasmine flower.

The tea’s aroma is a raw earthiness (smells of moisten earth) with slight hints of the jasmine. It is not overly powerful since the moistened; dampness is what one is met with at first. The tea is a malty and smooth with no astringency.

I must say this is one of the nicest jasmine cup of tea that I have had to date. All thanks to Numi Organic Tea. This jasmine pu-erh is a sweet floral tea with lots of depth.

2nd Steeping:
Water temperature: 200 Fahrenheit
Time: 3 minutes

The tea is consistently smooth with many steepings; tea’s color is red and the dampness is not as strong with more infusion instead lingering. Overall, this tea is fuller in body with a sweet (slightly floral) malty texture.