A review of Açai Berry Raspberry Green Tea by Tea District

Tea Type/Varietal: Green
Region:
Steeping Vessel/Amt. Leaf:
Liquor Color: reddish pink
Leaf Characteristics: tea leaves are a mixture of Sencha green tea, safflowers and the natural açai berry & raspberry flavoring. This has a lovely floral aroma.

1. Steepings

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 195 Fahrenheit
Time: 2 minutes

I had some of this tea left from the Tea District and decided to finish the remainder of it. I opened the pouch and pleasantly surprised I was to find there was tea still remaining (enough for 1 spoonful) which I put in my cup; and I add the cold water into the cup and put it in the microwave for a few minutes, leaving it to steep another minute.

The tea’s aroma is pungently sweet and spicy from the safflowers I imagine which makes this seems more like an herbal tea than a green tea I am thinking. As I sip this tea, it is sweet/sour orange/citrus like. I mean there is a slight saltiness that is left on palette after swallowing. I did not notice this prior.

2nd Steeping:
Water temperature: 200 Fahrenheit
Time: 3 minutes

I was able to steep the leaves again and this time the tea color is lighter pink and smelling more citrus with the berries at toe. I know this is green tea but with the leaves and berries and safflower it does seem more like an herbal tea.

This açai berry raspberry is quite nice; it is a naturally sweetened cup of tea with a fruity/citrus for a base and there is not astringency as derived from the freshness that can be enjoyed when having a cup of green tea.