drank Toasted Walnut by DAVIDsTEA

Tea Type/Varietal: green
Region: China
Steeping Vessel/Amt. Leaf: cup/ loose leaf
Liquor Color: brownish
Leaf Characteristics: tea leaves are laced with bits of coconut and other type nuts and the leaves are green. When steep the tea leaves are fuller somewhat and still green with the bits of the coconut not as visible…seeming to dissolve in the water.

1. Steepings

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 190 Fahrenheit
Time: 3 minutes

I received this tea as part of the tea sampler from An International Tea Moment’s Green Tea Expedition. As they had suggested the order in which to try the tea; I am having this one. The tea seems to be heady with the aroma of the coconut and when sipping of the tea this is what one is met with. The tea has a slightly grainy texture with the flavoring of the coconuts.

It is a good cup of tea, not too strong is the mixture either and there does not seem to be any astringency. Overall this tea is sweetly mixed with the coconuts and almond giving it a vanilla bean taste as the aromas are presented throughout the tea.

Thank you for sending another good sampler my way.