A review of Green Tea Powder by Hamasaen

1. Steepings

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 180 Fahrenheit
Time: 30 seconds
This tea powder is part of my morning rituals. I take a small teaspoon of the powder and put this in my cup and add the hot water to it and stirring it vigorously until powder disappears. Unfortunately for me on this morning of rushing to get out the door, the tea ended pasty (mud-like) residue in my cup and the color was a dark green and when I tasted it, it was the most astringent that I have had as yet.

I realize in my rushing that I did not take adequate time to properly mix the tea powder and water; and the color seems to indicate this as well since so very dark (muddy like). I drank it just the same and derived no enjoyment since taste was pungently bitter of mine own doing.

I have always known how to make a bad cup of tea and now I have indeed experienced as such. Some would say, dearest all of your teas have been poorly made since not having the right equipment. Well kudos then!