A review of Organic Green Breeze by Takaokaya

1. Steepings

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 190 Fahrenheit
Time: 30 seconds

This morning I want to try and make a better matcha than the last one I had; I am using this Green Breeze tea powder and not the Hamasaen brand. As this one is per packet for each use, so I should fare better this time. I open the packet and place the contents in my cup and add some boiling water to my cup. Less than half of a small cup of water is what I use. I stir and stir the tea until the mixture has completely dissolved and what remains is a frothy mixture of the tea.

I seem to have done it right since there is no pastiness; the tea’s color is a mint green, not darkly green and the tea smells smoothly of milk as does my fingers from having handled the tea packet’s content while putting it in my cup. I like the milky scent and when I sip my tea it is rich froth with smoothness of green tea. This tea has a wonderful ‘umami’ taste of green veggies; a bowl of cream of broccoli soup would be a close description of this tea powder. It is so very mild and faintly since nothing is overt in the tasting of this tea.

I think because the packets are pre-measured per serving and all one need do is add water; less than half of a small cup and stirring tea with vigor should produce a wonderful cup of tea as in this instance.

I had purchased this from the Miso International Market and will need to find some more of this. Thank you for this great tea.