A review of Taiwan Jin Xuan Milk Oolong Tea by Teavivre

Tea Type/Varietal: oolong
Region: Taiwan
Steeping Vessel/Amt. Leaf: cup/ 1 scoop
Plucking Season:
Liquor Color: light green/ yellow base—pale peach
Leaf Characteristics: small pellets like leaves as this is pure tea buds and leaves hand rolled into these fine peletts.

1. Steepings

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 200 Fahrenheit
Time: 3 minutes

I chose to have this milk oolong after having had some wonderful green tea powdered matcha tea. I also have had many fine teas from Teavivre who sent me a number of teas to sample and I have a few remaining.

I opened this small packet and emptied its content into my cup and adding the freshly boiled water to my cup I cover it, leaving it to steep for few minutes. After a few minutes, I remove the saucer and scoop out the leaves which are fuller and green in color with hints of veggies for an aroma.

The tea is a smooth light green in color with a milky aroma; more like broccoli. As I sip the tea I find it to have no astringency, having instead a milky dew quality that can be compared to honey dew and fresh peach; but as for my self it is a bowl of cream of broccoli soup in the making.

2nd Steeping:
Water temperature: 200 Fahrenheit
Time: 2 minutes

I continue to have more of this tea with more steeps and using the same tea leaves; tea’s color is a light peach color with no astringency. Tea is very good and I can drink this throughout the day and enjoy every drop.

I am very grateful to have been exposed to oolong teas as they are exceptional teas and good for you to have with a meal or after. Thank you, Teavivre for sending these teas for me to sample.