Temple of Heaven

Region: China
Steeping Vessel/Amt. Leaf: cup/ loose leaf
Plucking Season:
Liquor Color: light yellow-green
Leaf Characteristics: The tea leaves are tiny, tightly rolled pellets and when infused with hot water the leaves are fuller.

1. Steepings

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 190 Fahrenheit
Time: 2 minutes

I must admit that I drink plenty of green teas and I should probably consume less green tea perhaps. As I continue with my green tea expedition, it is now Gunpowder Green tea. I take 1 teaspoon of the tea and put this in my cup and adding cold tap water to my cup I then put the cup in the microwave for 2 minutes.

The leaves bunch to the top of the mug and are steaming; I always note that when I microwave teas it is easier to scoop out the leaves since they are all atop / floating with water underneath; so usually one scoop and leaves are removed. Tea’s color is light yellow-green; with no astringency in the smell.

This tea is smoothly refreshing

2nd Steeping:
Water temperature: 200 Fahrenheit
Time: 2 minutes

I am able to steep this tea for several infusions and each is as nice as the first. The tea continues to be smooth tasting and clean with a very light body. Overall impression is that it is a smooth tea with a lovely color.