A review of Matcha Green Tea Powder by Swanson Certified Organic

Company: Swanson Certified Organic
Tea Name: Matcha Green Tea Powder (100% Certified Organic)
Tea Type/Varietal: matcha

1. Steepings

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 160 Fahrenheit
Time: 45 seconds

I have been fortunate to enjoy many matcha teas and I find them to either be of a freshly green cut grass kind of aroma to marine algae (sea weed) in taste. I trust this is correctly stated.

The matcha’s coloring determines for me which of the two it will be. This matcha is a soft mossy green coloring and it comes with a small scoop that I use to retrieve one small spoonful of the matcha and place this in my cup and I add the hot water to it and stirring it vigorously for that frothiness to come through. And it has.

I sip the tea and notice the astringency at once and it is not bad. This matcha has a smooth finish when swallowing of the tea. A good ‘umami’ liken to that of sea weed; I mean it tastes of salt as opposed to green veggies. It is also creamy and smooth; a good cream of broccoli soup which at times can be on the salty side of things.

The matcha’s that I have purchased have all been very nice and I trust the way that I fix a cup of tea is suitable enough for me to describe and enjoy that is all I mean to say.