A review of Organic Rock Oolong by Tea Savant

Tea Type/Varietal: Oolong
Region: Fujian China
Steeping Vessel/Amt. Leaf: cup/ loose leaf
Liquor Color:
Leaf Characteristics: small pellets that become full when immerse in hot water.

1. Steepings

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 190 Fahrenheit
Time: 3 minutes

It has been a while since having oolong tea. So today of all days I reached for this tea, completing my order from Tea Savant. I had purchased this tea, along with their Mandarin Savant and I am now getting to this oolong is what I mean to say in a round about way.

I take half of the tea pouch content and put this in my tea mug and add the boiling water to it and leave it to steep for few minutes. I like how the small pellets become full leaves as if just plucked from tea tree.

The leaves bunch on top of the water and the aroma is like that of green veggies, as I scoop out the tea leaves I notice how much fuller they are and very green like green-leafy vegetables. Tea’s color is pale green/lightest brown but more clearer upon sipping of the tea I note the freshness of this tea. It is astringent, stinging my taste buds whilst drinking it.

2nd Steeping:
Water temperature: 200 Fahrenheit
Time: five minutes

I continue to have this tea for the day; I began with it in the morning and have been sipping at it throughout the day; only adding freshly hot water to my cup, while immersing the tea leaves for more infusion/steeping. The astringency is light and the stinging is next too none with more steeps. What I note with longer steeps is the texture of the veggies like broccoli, I almost wanted to say spinach but it is smooth in taste and spinach is not buttery or creamy and this oolong is all that. It makes for a rich and bold cup of oolong tea that is cleanly on the palette.

I know that I like oolong teas and perhaps this is another reminder for me.

Indigobloom

I love your descriptions, it makes me want to brew up some oolong right now!