drank Pomegranate Pizzazz by Bigelow

1. Steepings

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 200 Fahrenheit
Time: 3 minutes
I thought that I would give the pomegranate pizzazz a try seeing that it is similar to the Blackcurrant tea that I have enjoyed in past and all Bigelow teas I have tried have been wonderfully good.
I take one of the tea bags from tea cupboard upstairs and add this to my cup with the boiled water over it and leave it to steep for few minutes.

The tea darkens to a lovely rosy red in color; a darken crimson and smells wonderfully of the pomegranate, making for a sweet, fruity aroma. When I sip of the tea, it is indeed pomegranate blend and very sweet…licorice like

2nd Steeping:
Water temperature: 200 Fahrenheit
Time: 5 minutes

I steep the tea using the same bag for several minutes and the teas aroma is as before; a sweet liquor but more like wine with hints of blackberry and hibiscus as this gives it its tartness.

Overall, tea has a lovely fruity aroma, made up of pomegranate, hibiscus, blackberry leaves and apple. The tea’s color is a rose-red-pink and when tasting of the tea, it is sweet with a drying effect upon swallowing of the tea. And there is a tartness that adds to this dry feeling in the back of throat. I would say that this tea is on the acidic side as well and by this I mean high salt (salicylic / saline) content.

This tea is very similar to the Blackcurrant Tea from London Fruit and Herbs Company; only the color is that of grape.