A review of Maple Blueberry Tea by The Metropolitan Tea Company

1. Steepings

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 190 Fahrenheit
Time: 3 minutes

I ordered this tea around Christmas time last year because I wanted to enjoy some of the maple flavors that is to be found in tea’s mixture and this tea seems to do just that. This is Ceylon tea from the Nuwara Eliya mountain regions of India; offering a combination of attraction, such as healing climate, scenic beauty and wooded wilderness, flowery meadows and its high plateau.

The teas’ produce in Nuwara Eliya are of a unique flavor as the air is always scented with the fragrance of cypress trees that grows in abundance and mentholated with the wild mint and eucalyptus.

It is a combination of all these factors that makes this tea so special. The tea bags are in a foil packaged and as I open the foil to remove one of the tea bags, I get a slight hint of the maple, as it is sweetly permeating the air. I place one of the bags in my cup adding the boiled water to it. I leave it to steep for several minutes.

The tea’s color is that of maple syrup with a sweet aromatic brew. Tea is very light when tasting/sipping of the tea. It is smoothly hot and lively cup of tea. The flavor flows through and through; lasting until the very last drop.

2nd Steeping:
Water temperature: 200 Fahrenheit
Time: 5 minutes

The longer the steep the maple flavor seems a bit less each time, yet still enjoyable. The tea retains its reddish brown coloring with slight hints of the maple for aroma; it is smooth with a good blend in body for the taste makes you want to have more and more of this tea. This second steep would make a very good iced tea. Since I like my tea hot, this is how I continue to enjoy it.

Overall, this Ceylon blend with the maple is exquisite and it is nice as one sip the tea to remember of the lush mountain where the tea originates.