A review of Chamomile & Anise Tea by Badia Spices Inc.

Company: Badia Spices, Inc

1. Steepings

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 200 Fahrenheit
Time: 5 minutes

I purchased this tea at a newly visited grocery store. It is one we had seen but not actually shopped in. I found their teas to be very inexpensive so I grab a few and put them in the grocery cart.

I steeped this tea for fives minutes with boiled water added into my cup with tea bag in it. The tea is a lovely yellow color and when steeped longer, the tea darkens to a yellow brown coloring. The aroma is that of the Anise with the chamomile lingering on. When I sip of the tea, I taste the anise which is very spicy. I want to say not unlike the taste of ginger since it has that zing to it and the chamomile is there to absorb, making it somber/smoother; to soften the peppery effect of the anise.

In all this tea is to help with digestion as it helps to relax the stomach. The tea has a fresh sweet taste of licorice and cloves with a mildly pungent finish…which I describe as having zest or good kick like when ginger is added in.

I would buy this tea again.