drank Pomegranate Green Tea by 52teas

Tea Type/Varietal: green
Region: China
Steeping Vessel/Amt Leaf: cup / loose leaf
Liquor Color: light green
Leaf Characteristic: fine leaves when brewed and green in color

1. Steeping:

1st Steeping:
Water Temp: 190
Time: 3 minutes
I finally gave in to sampling of this tea today. When I opened the tea pouch, tea smells very chocolaty and coffee like.

I poured the pouch content into my tea mug and add in the boiled water and left to steep for several minutes. The aroma is that of chocolate and smells sweetly and when I taste of the tea, it is the chocolate that I am met with; tasting more like bitter chocolate and something of this tea makes me think of those black teas I had sampled earlier on that I did not like. Although this says that it is green tea, it taste more like a black tea except the tea’s color is light greenish brown and the tea leaves are green.

Overall tasting notes: Tea has a lovely chocolate aroma

Classification: Year, and region of production; Product of China

Cup’s characteristic: green tea

Liquor color: light brown

Taste: tea is slightly bitter with a chocolate over tone. I did not taste the pomegranate. Or I don’t know what to look for. So I look for the description with another tea company that provides more descriptor for this tea.

Jolie Tea Company of Hamilton, MA offers the same name tea:
Pomegranate Green
Ingredients: China green tea, pomegranate pieces, rose petals.
Description: In ancient Greece, a queen sits with a bowl of ripe pomegranates. Their fragrant scent fills the air with a delicate perfume. Her hand reaches for a dish of seeds that glow like rubies…..
Be transported as a cup of pomegranate green tea steams and releases the bloom of its intoxicating aroma through the room. The color of the tea is pale jade. Anticipating the sweet taste, your hand reaches for the handle.

RachanaC (Rachel)-iHeartTeas

FYI this is actually a tea from 52Teas that I sent as a sample in your order and not an iHeartTeas blend. I apologize for the confusion. :)