A review of Green Rooibos Tea by Mountain Rose Herbs

Tea Type/Varietal: green
Region: China
Steeping Vessel/Amt Leaf: cup/ loose leaf
Liquor Color: amber
Leaf Characteristic: the leaves are finely cut…tiny little shreds or pulps with hints of green tea and of the rooibos strewn in.

1. Steeping:

1st Steeping:
Water Temp: 190
Time: 3 minutes

I wanted to fix for myself a cup of this tea today and so I reopened the tea box and take one heaping teaspoon of the tea and put this in my strainer which is placed over my tea mug and I then pour the hot water over the tea.

It is a mild aroma with nothing in particular jumping at you and when I remove the strainer from my mug, the tea’s color is that golden amber with reddish hues. As I sip of the tea it is both sweetly and woodsy in an herbal sort of way. I mean it is a little grassy in the taste which is sweetened by the rooibos blend.

I like this tea as it is a satisfying cup of freshly made hand crafted tea that I did not create but instead fixing a cup of this tea for myself, I can envision the fresh herbs as the fragrant mixes in the air to tantalize my senses and palette.

2nd Steeping:
Water Temp: 200
Time: 5 minutes

I infused the second cup of tea for longer with freshly boiled water which makes for this cup of tea to be hotter than previous cup. I like my tea very hot so that I have to sip at it slowly. There is no astringency in this tea and it is not as sweet but there is still plenty of rooibos in this cup of tea.

Overall tasting notes: A smooth cup of Rooibos tea with a subtle herb flavor that is high in antioxidants and it is less sweet than a regular cup of Rooibos tea.

Classification: Year, and region of production; Product of China

Cup’s characteristic: rich in antioxidant and good for you

Liquor color: amber-hued brew

Taste: is sweetly with a mild grassy/woodsy note