A review of Vita Blend Tea by Mountain Rose Herbs

Tea Type/Varietal: herbal
Region: China
Steeping Vessel/Amt Leaf:
Liquor Color: reddish amber
Leaf Characteristic: tea is very brightly colored

1. Steeping:

1st Steeping:
Water Temp: 200
Time: 5 minutes

I reached for this Vital Blend tea, today, because I am feeling very tired and weak; I need a since of well-being and some energy to boost. This is one of the teas that I purchased from Mountain Rose Herbs last year and I have yet to try it until now. The herbal mixture is confined in this clear plastic bag and when I peel back the tape and opened the tea bag it richly smells of hibiscus and other herbs.

I take one heaping teaspoon of the herbs and put this in the strainer which is over my tea mug and I pour in the boiled water over the strainer, I pour the water in a circle, motioning it over my cup to make sure the entire herb is moistened.

The tea’s aroma fills the air with hibiscus, peppermint and lemongrass; it is a very sweet and pungent aroma. After about five minutes have passed, I remove the strainer from my cup. As I observe the tea’s color, which is very bright like amber and at times darkening to a green herbal mixture.

The tea is very hot, so I take hold of the cup and begin to sip of tea slowly, more-so to just enjoy the aroma against my nostrils since my nose is inches nearest the cup as I am sipping of tea.

The tea is a sweeten mixture of herbs and is delicious. I taste and enjoy the lemon grassiness of the cup which gives it that ginger zingers. I mean it is a lively cup of tea.

2nd Steeping:
Water Temp: 200
Time: 3 minutes
This second steep is shorter and the tea’s aroma is not as pungent as 1st cup of tea. It smells sweetly of herbals. I sip of the tea and I can taste the lemongrass and hibiscus which gives it that slight saltiness in the cup.

Overall tasting notes: This is a delicious tea; well blended with herbs like hibiscus flowers, lemongrass and peppermint. The flavor is crisp with slight peppery notes and a grassy clean finish. Yum!

Classification: Year, and region of production; wild crafted tea from Oregon

Cup’s characteristic: heady herbal mixture of lemongrass and hibiscus; making for a cup of lemon zest herbal tea.

Liquor color: bright amber and at times it is a darkly green herbal tea

Taste: sweet with hibiscus and lemongrass with slight hint of peppermint.