A review of Chaga Mushroom Tea by Chaga Mountain Inc

1. Steeping:

1st Steeping:
Water Temp: 200
Time: 10 minutes
I have been enjoying this tea since I purchased it from the Harvest Food Co-op in Cambridge, MA.
This tea is one of the more expensive teas that I have acquired in a very long time. I had been reading about this mushroom tea from one of the health magazines that I peruse every now and again. When I saw this tea brand and the many different forms offered at the Harvest I had to purchase the tea once I saw they offered it in tea bags. (They also had Mushroom Powder Tea, Mushroom balm, Mushroom supplements as well) all from the Chaga Mountain Inc.

The tea bags are all in one zip lock bag, individual tea bag with no strings. I take one of the bags and put this in my mug and adding the boiled water, I leave it to steep for the desired suggested time, minus five minutes since I could not wait.

The tea darkens to a dark reddish amber and does not seem to have any particular aroma at first. It is raw and slightly earthy when I taste of the tea; realizing it is the mushroom that I am enjoying in its raw form.

I continue to sip of the tea until finished.

2nd Steeping:
Water Temp: 200
Time: 15 minutes
I let the tea steep for the allot time of 15 minutes and tea is very dark and the aroma is strongly of earth and rawness that I equate with the mushroom. I take sip of the tea and it is strong and earthy cup of mushroom tea. There is a dryness effect after swallowing of the tea. I did not notice this when I had first cup of tea.

I like this tea because it is raw and earthy and I feel that I am drinking something that is good for me.

Overall tasting notes: This tea is raw and earthy with dryness to the throat upon swallowing. I like the way the tea tastes and I feel it is worth the money.

Classification: Year, and region of production; i.e.; Product of Western, Maine

Cup’s characteristic: Earthy and raw

Liquor color: dark amber

Taste: raw and earthy and when steep longer the mushroom is more noticeable.

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more