A review of China Oolong Tea by Twinnings

1. Steeping:

1st Steeping:
Water Temp: 200
Time: 4 minutes
I take one of the individually wrapped tea bags and opened it, putting the tea bag in my cup, I than pour in the boiled water and leave it to steep for several minutes.

Tea’s aroma is slightly smoky and the tea’s color is reddish amber like. When I sip of the tea it is the aroma that is tantalizing my palette at first; smoky, woodsy like with a roasted flavoring in the cup. I take sip after sip of the tea, enjoying its smoky flavor.

2nd Steeping:
Water Temp: 190
Time: 5 minutes

This steep water is not as hotly, and steep is longer because I want more of the tea’s smoky flavor to come through and it does that nicely with 2nd steep. This cup of tea is more robust and the tea’s color is a darker reddish color.

I like this second steep best because the flavor comes through and through reminding me of other oolong teas that I have enjoyed.

Overall tasting notes: This oolong is lovely robust and smoky cup of oolong. Nicely oxidized and tea does not need anything added to it.

Classification: Year, and region of production; Product of China

Cup’s characteristic: oolong tea with a smoky aroma distinguishing it as oolong tea.

Liquor color: reddish

Taste: smoky and robust cup with the 2nd steep being the better.