**A review of Nettle Leaf Tea by Sweetgrass Herbals

This is a tea that I received as part of my 2013 CSA Spring Share and at first I was not to quick to want to have loose tisanes but in time, once having purchased a mason jar for steeping of the tea, I was good to go.

I would place one or two heaping tea spoons of the herbs in the jar and pour in 8 oz of water; I would use bottle water and putting a cover on it, I would leave it to steep for the allotted time of 15 minutes. With this particular tea, I did read that it can be steeped over night and I tried this as well.

The longer steep brought about more of the tea’s color to a golden red and when steep shorter it is simply golden like honey or apple juice that one buys in bottles.

Tea is not bitter but mildly medicinal in taste. For me drinking this tea was to have been for such benefits as healthy hair and nails and I am sorry to say that I have not notice any changes for the better in my nails or hair; in fact they are samely weak and brittle and the tea does not have bearing at all.

I received other teas to sample so I can for now, forget about this one and move to other teas and perhaps look forward to returning to it since I still have more of this tea left.

140 °F / 60 °C 8 min or more
Terri HarpLady

Nettles is a wonderful tea, although not particularly flavorful, at least it doesn’t really taste bad. It’s a really nutritious tea, but it’s benefits for bones, hair, & nails take quite awhile to manifest. On the other hand, it’s benefits for allergies as a natural antihistamine can show up much quicker. If I make & drink a Qt of it per day, I can be virtually allergy free. Then I can drop down to a pint a day, or a qt every other day, but unfortunately I’m one of those people that will drink it until I feel really good, & then become a slacker. Next thing you know I’m whining about my allergies again. Then I remember & start steeping. :)

Comments

Terri HarpLady

Sterling, MA