**A review of English Breakfast Tea (Decaffeinated) by Twinnings of London

Tea Type/Varietal: Black
Region:
Steeping Vessel/Amt Leaf: cup/ tea bag
Liquor Color: dark red
Leaf Characteristic: tea is dark and red under direct light it is like a pomegranate red.

1. Steeping:

1st Steeping:
Water Temp: 200 Fahrenheit
Time: 5 minutes

I am having a cup of Twinnings of London, English Breakfast (Decaffeinated) Tea. I selected this from the many tea samples that I received from another tea reviewer who sent to me a tea care pack some time ago. I mean I sample them from time to time; at times recording of them like now, other time not. I have also given many of the tea samples away when saying thank you to someone for service rendered or a kind gesture; in this life there is not many for me. Folks hate me. I mean I am blame for many things. In the year that I have been homeless, many things I find are my fault.

Anyhow, this is a tea review. Having steeped the tea for five minutes, tea is a lovely dark red cup of strong aromatic brew. It smells darkly roasted and when I taste the tea it is refreshing and invigorating with each sip. Nothing is added to this tea, I am enjoying it plainly made and very hot.
-————————————

Overall tasting notes: This is a delicious tea; it is invigorating and lively with a roasted and nutty flavoring. I think malt is more apt to use as descriptor.

Cup’s characteristic: hearty breakfast tea for anytime of the day.

Liquor color: darkly red when steeped longer for five minutes or longer.

Taste: refreshing taste of for a breakfast tea. It is most dry at the back of the palette and slight malt effect. It is crisp and invigorating with each sip and swallowing.

This is a wonderful tea with no edginess.

gmathis

Thanks for the nice review. I will look for this locally—I’m always in search of a decaf that tastes better than dishwater. This could be one, I think.

seule771

This is very good tea. I could not tell that it was decaffeinated; not at all. It is a robust and clean cup of tea. I imagine that you would not like Choice Organic brands of decafs. But I may be wrong. Since mine view is not correct on all things.

gmathis

If my memory is accurate, you are correct…I don’t think the Choice Organic stuff I’ve tried was strong enough to suit me.

seule771

Sometime I like Choice brand teas and other times they simply are not in the cup that I am trying. Weird…remember that old commercial about ‘feeling like a nut and sometime not’ well this could be said of Choice. It is out there regardless. Thank you.

K S

I really liked Wild Forest black tea by Choice. It is not decaf but had a good flavor I thought.

Comments

gmathis

K S