Sample pack is from Tea Forte and today I decided to give it a try. I selected from the pack the Apricot Amaretto from the Herbal Retreat brand; organic relaxation tea.

It is a strange way to begin one’s day/morning in wanting a cup of relaxation tea; yet that is what i wanted this morning…as described; a double delight of sweet apricot and juicy peach with nuanced notes of almond.

This much I can attest to, the almond scent was indeed over powering, erasing seemingly all other notes. There was a hint of sweetness in the cup. I am unsure as to which fruit lingered in the sweetness more; but the almond was very pronounced.

So first thing in the morning I am wanting a cupful of almond, depicting my state of mind perhaps.

I must say this is loose tea sample; so I had to retrieve from the cupboard a tea infuser that I had purchased some time ago from another tea merchant during a store visit. It is The Teapot Tea Infuser with drip tray, made of stainless steel.

I opened the small packet of Apricot Amaretto and removed the lid from the tea infuser. Now I had to try and scoop some of the tea into this infuser and not make a mess/spill it. But I did make a mess of it since no spoon I have is small enough to get it in there; I did eventually…but it all seemed so ridiculous.

I simply put a spoonful of the tea leaves/crumbs into my cup and poured the hot water; later on during the day I added a simple tea bag of green tea and let that brew with what was at bottom of the cup.

I ended up having green tea flavored with sprinkles of apricot amaretto. It was very nice.

seule771

I am re-reading this today and laughing out loud. I need better things to be doing then subjecting myself to be ridiculed at my drink of choice.

seule771

I finished the last bits/crumbs of the Apricot Amaretto mixed with my green tea bag; it truly did add to the flavoring of the green tea. I think the Apricot was what made the tea sweet…mildly liquor like.

DaisyChubb

haha I love your review!
Sounds like we need tiny spoons to get into the tiny bags :)

seule771

Having tried all or most of the Tea Forte’s samplers; The Apricot Amaretto and the Blueberry Merlot wins out over the resting non notes. Making me partial to almonds and the likes.

Despite differences in flavoring and type; once you try one and another of the same brand I think the taste bud is already prejudice to that maker/brand. I mean the palate is induced, conformed even to this particular brand.

Simply put the senses has been swayed; thus making it difficult to like them all or not like them all.

Just thinking out loud.

Comments

seule771

DaisyChubb

haha I love your review!
Sounds like we need tiny spoons to get into the tiny bags :)

Just thinking out loud.