I received this tea from Jerry Ma’s six sampler pack and Da Hong Pao was amongst the lot received.

I have been drinking this all day. It makes for a very malty cup of tea. Those favoring coffee would surely appreciate the smokiness in the leaves and the brewed cup of tea.

Images conjured: roasted and smoky aroma. I am not sure about the sweetness in the cup since I am too absorbed in the aroma.

Envisioning: a hot cup of Da Hong Poa with either milk or cream and sweetened with some pure sugar. Unfortunately, I drink mine plain always.

seule771

I think it is addictive as well since I find myself drinking it still. I woke up wanting to have more of this robust roasted brew. This image of smokiness stays with me as I sip the brew, note not liquor-like since it is robust and unsweetened.

Dare I say divine, since I have yet to sample the remainder…

Comments

seule771

Dare I say divine, since I have yet to sample the remainder…

Sterling, MA