Review of Ceylon Silver Stripped from The Tao of Tea sampler

I have been enjoying this tea for two days now. I began the morning of last with a brimming cup of this tea.

I placed two teaspoon of this tea in a cup and poured boiling water into the cup and placing lid on the cup let steep for 5 minutes. One teaspoon per 8 oz cup and steep for 4-5 minutes for one infusion is recommended.

While the tea steeps, I could not help notice the difference in the leaves in the disk like tin container. The leaves are very fine and curled; I don’t see silver in coloring but a rich darkish green in color.

Anyhow, in sipping this tea once, I could not help but take in the malt and robust of the flavor. On second sip I could sense chalkiness in my palette, not bad mind you, since the chalk makes me want to wet the taste buds more and so that is how I drank this tea through out the day. I drank this one sip at a time, while trying to quench the chalk in taste.

The color is dark reddish brown. The container of the leaves smells slightly vegetal but when brewed it is a robust, full body tea, well balanced in that it is not too astringent, nor too sweet. I can see where adding honey (Rock honey) would play nicely with this tea. And yes brown sugar would play nicely with this as well, it does enrich and enliven the cup.

This is a nice cup of tea, full in body and robust in flavor. I continue drinking it at dinner and this did not disturb nor curb my appetite. It is full in body but not filling; so that even after dinner it can still be enjoyed well into the early afternoon.

Thank you, Lelias Teaware for sending me these samples. I am enjoying them all so far.