I decided to continue with sampling this Peony tea, making this the second time steep. I placed a larger heaping teaspoon in the strainer and poured hot water into the cup and left to steep between 4-5 minutes.

Liquor color: Golden brew
Leaves color are full and a dark green

The tea becomes more vegetal than creamy since steep time is longer with more leaves added. The flavor is more like that of chestnuts, with a hint of smokiness since the water temperature was higher.

I find with the golden brew the taste is livelier, not mellow, with the nutty and vegetal flavor lingering as final notes.

I was able to steep this infusion three times and each time the liquor lightens there is less of a vegetal flavor, however the nutty/smoky aroma does continue to linger.

Most teas that I have been fortunate to sample as the flavor runs out or becomes tepid, I sometimes add my favorite store brought name brand green tea in a teabag to the cup. I do this as final test and since white teas can sometime be confused for green teas. I wanted to see if they could co-exist. And I am happy to say I did not note a disagreement.

With the green tea added all one could discern is vegetal green tea and no hint of melon at all.