This is another tea that I received from the November Steepster Sampler pack.
My review of the Roasted Kukicha:

Brewing Instruction:
Bring spring or filtered drinking water to 160 Fahrenheit. Add 1 tsp of tea leafs to a cup. Always pour boiling water over tea leafs and let steep 2 minutes.

Kukicha is described as twig tea, which is a Japanese blend of green tea, made of stems, stalks, and twigs and has a nutty, slightly creamy flavor.

What I noticed right away from opening the package of tea is the smokiness likened to burnt wood out doors; that expression wait until the smokes clear come to mind. It is a lovely scent for those who smoke or savor the smell of smoke. I am saying that at times the smell is like cigarettes piled in an ashtray. This is not as bad; I am just saying it smells of smoke.

Tea color: dark reddish-brown
Tea is full in body, malty, with a dry palette feel to it and full of smoky aroma. The nose can fully appreciate this tea.

I find that I have enjoyed this tea. It is rich and conveys a presence not to be discerning from first sip to last. I have been able to get three infusions and each time they are the same with the third infusion not as smoky in the flavoring.

I am thinking this would be a good tea to put next to China’s Dà Hóng Páo (Big Red Robe) and that Vintage Oolong tea I so enjoyed, which is similar in aroma and character.

I was asked to describe what I liked about tea and I said its warmth and this tea is certainly that; like chestnuts roasting on an open fire.